The account caretaker function allows users to manage other non-Admin user accounts. Reasons for assigning an account caretaker may include a staff member being out of the office for an extended period of time or temporary staff vacancies resulting in unassigned/idle user accounts.
Any user can be assigned as an account caretaker, but only Admins or Owners can manage the assignment process.
Admins cannot be assigned an account caretaker due to the security and access permissions that come with being an Admin.
If you are assigned as an account caretaker for another user, your personal account and text messages remain separate from those associated with that user and you will be able to toggle between the accounts to successfully manage them.
This article will cover:
- How to assign an account caretaker
- How to caretake an account
- How to remove an account caretaker
Assign Account Caretaker (Admins and Owners only)
1. Navigate to " Department Name" > Accounts > Users.
2. Click the dots to the right of the user you would like to assign the account caretaker to and click Assign Caretaker.
4. When an account caretaker is assigned, both the caretaker and the user having his/her account managed are notified via email.
Note: After an account caretaker has been assigned, the user having his/her account managed will no longer be able to log into Cadence and will not receive text "message received" email notifications or push notifications. If the user attempts to log in while an account caretaker is assigned, the user will receive a message indicating that someone is managing the account.
Managing User's Account (All Users)
1. After you have been assigned as an account caretaker, click [ Manage Caretaker Account] from the platform header.
2. Select the name of the user you would like to manage from the drop-down menu.
3. You will now have access to the user's account, including all text messages, departments, and user profile information. You will be notified that you are managing the user's account via a banner that will display near the top of the page until you return to your personal account. The user's name will also appear in the right hand corner.
4. Text messages can be sent and received as if you are the user. The messages are separate from your own inbox and text messages managed within your personal Mongoose account. You will receive customized email notifications when a text is received by a user you are managing.
Remove Account Caretaker (Admins and Owners only)