User Management - Caretaker Overview
The caretaker function allows users to manage other non-Admin users. Reasons for assigning a caretaker may include a user being out of the office for an extended period of time or temporary user vacancies resulting in unassigned/idle users.
Any user can be assigned as a caretaker, but only Admins can manage the assignment process.
Admins cannot be assigned a caretaker due to the security and access permissions that come with being an Admin.
If you are assigned as a caretaker for another user, your personal user and text messages remain separate from those associated with that user and you will be able to toggle between the users to successfully manage them.
Additionally, you cannot caretake a user who is already a caretaker themselves. If you need to assign a caretaker to someone who is already caretaking, you should remove their caretaking and reassign it to another active user.
This article will cover:
- How to assign a caretaker
- How to caretake a user
- How to remove a caretaker
Assign Caretaker (Admins only)
1. Navigate to " Team Name" > Users.
2. Click the dots to the right of the user you would like to assign the caretaker to and click Assign Caretaker.
3. Select the name of the user who will manage the user and then click Confirm.
4. When a caretaker is assigned, both the caretaker and the user having his/her user managed are notified via email.
Note: After a caretaker has been assigned, the user having his/her user managed will no longer be able to log into Cadence and will not receive text "message received" email notifications or push notifications. If the user attempts to log in while a caretaker is assigned, the user will receive a message indicating that someone is managing the user.
Managing User (All Users)
1. After you have been assigned as a caretaker, click [ Manage User] from the platform header.
2. Select the name of the user you would like to manage from the drop-down menu.
3. You will now have access to the user's experience, including all text messages, teams, and user profile information. You will be notified that you are managing the user's area in Cadence via a banner that will display near the top of the page until you return to your personal user experience. The user's name will also appear in the right hand corner.
4. Text messages can be sent and received as if you are the user. The messages are separate from your own inbox and text messages managed within your personal Mongoose user. You will receive customized email notifications when a text is received by a user you are managing.
Remove Caretaker (Admins Only)