You can set up different message types in order to better categorize your texting activity. Typically, this is done to add more detail to texting information that is exported out of Cadence and imported into a CRM/ERP.
Message types can be customized for each team in your organization, but are not required in order to utilize texting inside of the Cadence platform.
Note: You must be an Admin to configure message types, but any user can utilize them after configuration.
Configure Message Types (Admin Users Only)
1. Navigate to " Team Name" > Data Management > Message Types.
2. Click [ New Message Type] to create a new type. Description, Outgoing Code, and Incoming Code are all required fields.
- Description helps you remember what the message type is referring to.
- Outgoing Code is the actual value we will record in the message data that we store when you send your initial text message.
- Incoming Code is the actual value we will record in the message data when a response to your initial text message comes in.
Note: If a contact replies to your outgoing message within 72 hours, that response is saved with the corresponding Incoming Code of the message type. If the response is after 72 hours (or a contact sends you a text first), the message type for that text message will be the default type.
3. Existing Message Types can be edited, set as the default message type for the team, or disabled.
4. Message type activity is included if you request a Message Activity export in Cadence (Reports > Message Activity > Export) and will be automatically included if you utilize our APIs.
Note: The Activity Code column directly refers you what you entered in when creating the message type (step #2 above).
Using Message Types in an Outgoing Text Message (All Users)
1. Compose a text message.
2. Select the Message Type that corresponds to the message you are sending.
3. Click [ Next] to preview and send the message and send it.