Choose a Segment Type
What are Segments?
Segments are groups or lists of contacts that can be set as recipients in a text message. By including multiple contacts in a segment, outreach can be more streamlined and effective, allowing you to reach more contacts with the same message at the same time.
There are two types of segments you can create in the Cadence platform:
- Identifier-Based Segments
- Criteria-Based Segments
To begin the process of creating a segment, the first step is to determine if you already know which contacts you want to include, or if you would like to find out which contacts to include by using search criteria.
Note: If you do not see "Segments" within your Cadence account, you may not have access. Please reach out to your administrator for access.
- Require you to know which specific contacts you want to include.
- Require a separate data source/file containing either StudentIDs/ContactIDs or Mobile Numbers.
- Are always "static segments" or in other words, do not automatically update when contact data changes.
- Can be edited by adding/removing specific contacts.
- Allow you to enter in conditions/criteria to determine which contacts are included.
- Can be set to Auto-Update, always using the most recent contact data to automatically determine who is added/removed from the segment.
- Can be saved as static segments that can be edited by adding/removing specific contacts.