Message Identification Tags
Message Identification Tags allow all Cadence users to create and "tag" specific incoming messages for the purpose of continual tracking, future follow up, task completion, or retargeting.
Tags are shared across the team and will allow users to be able to view data specific to a Tag, view all contacts who have a tag, and/or use that tag data in a segment for outreach.
This article will cover:
- Creating and managing Tags
- Adding/removing Tags
- Viewing Tag details
- Segment creation
Creating and managing Tags
To create a new Tag:
1. On the left navigation click on Tags
2. Click [New Tag]
3. Enter a name and description. The name you enter here will be how the tag shows up when you tag a message. The description is optional but can be helpful to provide additional information on what the tag is for and/or how it should be used.
Note: A Message Identification Tag must be created before it can be applied to a message
Viewing and managing tags
All tags that have been created can be found under the Tags area on the left navigation.
You have the ability to filter Tags by the user that created them and whether or not they are Active or Archived. You can use the search bar to find a tag that has been created.
To manage Tags that have been created, click the three vertical dots to the right of the Tag to expose options.
- View will allow you to view Tag details (more information later in this article)
- Edit allows you to update the Tag name and description
- Archive will move the Tag from the "Active" list to "Archived" to help keep your Tag list organized.
- Delete will delete the Tag from all messages and segments. Note: Only the creator of the Tag can delete it.
Adding/Removing Tags for a Message
Tags are applied specifically to an incoming message from a contact from within the conversation view. They cannot be applied to an outgoing message (use Campaigns).
To apply/remove a Tag:
1. Within the conversation, find the incoming message you want to apply a Tag to.
2. Click on the Tag icon
3. Select which Tag you want to apply from the list. You can use the search to find the Tag you're looking for.
The Tag will then appear under the message in purple.
4. To remove a Tag, hover over the Tag and click the X
Viewing Tag Details
Once Tags have been applied to messages, each Tag will provide additional information on how and where it was used.
To view Tag details, navigate to Tags and then click on the name of the Tag.
When viewing the Tag details page, it will provide basic details on how the Tag was used.
Messages: Number of messages that this Tag has been applied to
Contacts: The number of unique contacts that have this Tag applied to their messages
Status: Whether the Tag is Active or Archived
Created: Date and time the Tag was created
Description: Description from when the Tag was created
Beneath the basic details, you can view the list of contacts, the last/most recent message the Tag was applied to, the user it was added by and the date it was added.
You can also use filters to see specific sets of recipients based on the date the Tag was added. The option to export data is also available.
Tags can also be viewed on the contact record profile. The contact profile will show you all tags that have been applied for a specific contact.
Note: Tags cannot be changed/added or removed on this page. To remove or add tags, navigate to the conversation view and add/remove tag from a message.
Using Tags in a Segment
Message identification tags are available as an option when creating a Criteria Based Segment.
You can filter criteria in a segment by a specific tag(s) and include date options for when a tag was added.
Note: if you do not have the option for viewing/creating segments, please check with your administrator for access to segments.
Click here to learn more about our Message Identification Best Practices