Compose a Text Message
Composing a New Text Message
1. Click [ Compose] from the navigation panel on the left hand side.
2. Determine if you are sending to a contact or a pre-created Segment and select the corresponding tab.
3A. If sending to a contact, search by first name, last name, contact ID, or mobile number to select the recipient.
3B. If sending to a segment, search by the name of the segment.
4A. After your recipient is selected, type in your message. Note that there is a hard stop at 306 characters to help you avoid carrier violations and messages that are too lengthy to send via text.
4B. If desired, you can include merge fields and automatically bring in data from the contact's record by clicking on Field, utilize a pre-written text message by clicking on Template, or include emojis or images.
4C. Keep the Send to my assigned contacts only option checked if the contact(s) you're reaching out to are assigned to you. Uncheck that option if the contact(s) is not assigned to you or you are not sure. For more information on that feature, click here.
4D. (Admins only) If you enable Send as assigned user and you are including StaffId on the contact's record in Mongoose, the text message will be sent from the phone number of the user assigned to that contact. If you include merge fields for staff first/last name, that information will also be filled in with the appropriate user's information. For more information on that feature, click here.
NOTE: If Send to my assigned contacts only is checked, you cannot utilize the Send as assigned user function.
5. Click [ Next] to review your text message/content.
6. Review the text message. The Checklist area will provide feedback on your recipient count and send time.
- "Check mark" indicates that the item is within recommended requirements for successful delivery.
- "Exclamation point" indicates that an item needs to be reviewed before the text message is sent.
- "Red X" indicates there is a problem with your message that will prevent you from sending it.
NOTE: Messages that have a delivery duration that falls into the time frame of 10pm-6am cannot be sent. This is to eliminate any messages being sent to contacts during the overnight hours. All incoming messages are still received. Outgoing messages and replies to individual contacts via the conversation view are still able to be sent during this time.
7. After you review your message (and correct any issues, if necessary), you can click [ Send Now] to send the message immediately or [Schedule] to schedule the message for a future date/time.